Well, the time is here: my final prediction post forÂ Deep Space Nine. I’ve made it through six seasons of this wonderful show, and I’m so glad I got to watch. Let’s revisit season 6 and look forward to the final season of this show.
First things first:
- Sisko/Starfleet will not take back DS9 in the first episode.Â Huzzah! Correct!
- Itâ€™ll take HALF THE SEASON to do that.Â And then immediately wrong.
- Meaning that the characters will be largely separated until then.Â I’M COUNTING THIS BECAUSE IT STILL WORKS.
- That includes Jake. THAT MAKES MY HEART BREAK.Â I HAD NO IDEA HOW MUCH IT WOULD HURT.
- There will be an episode just about Jakeâ€™s war reporting.Â Sort of? “Valiant” kind of fits this.Â
- Odo will be forced to work as Chief of Security under Dukat.Â Indeed, he did.
- Garak will help Sisko infiltrate DS9 when the time comes.Â GARAK HELPED WITH MANY OTHER THINGS.
- Jadzia and Worf will get married by the end of the season.Â YES YES YES YES.
- Kira and Odo will attempt to see each other by the end of the season.Â OH MY GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE LOOK AT THIS.
- But it wonâ€™t work out.Â oh my god IT ACTUALLY HAPPENED.Â
- Keiko and the kids will return to the station by the end of the season.Â AND IT WAS GLORIOUS and then weird.
- Julianâ€™s past will come up again in another episode.Â Actually, it came up ALL THE FUCKING TIME.
- This is more of a request, but can Morn speak ONCE?Â HOW MUCH CACKLING WAS THERE AT MY EXPENSE.
- Quarkâ€™s conscience will develop this season after witnessing the war firsthand.Â This is not a bad prediction, actually, though I’m still bitter that I had to sit through “Profit and Lace” andÂ not get a reformed or changed Quark.
- Season 6 ends with the end of the Dominion War, and the Dominion will be defeated. A bold choice, but I think itâ€™s possible.Â I WAS 100% WRONG ON THIS, SO WRONG, UTTERLY WRONG, WRONG FOREVER.
So, let’s try this one last time.
- Sisko will not return to Deep Space Nine until the FIFTH episode of the season.
- At some point, a new Dax symbiont will appear, and they’ll be a woman.
- Worf will have to deal with a new Dax, but will ultimately choose to stay with her.
- Oh god, I really want this: JULIAN GETS AN INVITATION TO SECTION 31.
- THERE WILL BE A WHOLE EPISODE ON IT, I WANT THIS MORE THAN MOST THINGS.
- Quark will finally have some character growth.
- Morn will speak once. (Bonus if it’s in the finale.)
- Sisko and Kasidy Yates will get married!
- Kira and Odo will get married, too.
- Gul Dukat dies.
- Garak dies.
- Weyoun dies.
- Damar dies.
- Nog dies.
- Jake leaves Deep Space Nine.
- (I’m gonna just do a whole bunch of huge, series-ending predictions because I suspect this show is not fucking around with me.)
- Deep Space Nine is destroyed by the end of the series.
- Sisko regains contact with the Prophets by re-opening the wormhole.
- Kira leaves DS9 in the finale to live on Bajor.
- The Federation wins the Dominion War, but it won’t happen until the series finale.
- Julian finds a romantic partner by the end of the series.
- The Federation gets a huge new ally before the Dominion War ends.
- I will cry a lot in the finale and at least one other episode.
LET’S DO THIS.
Mark Links Stuff
– I am now on Patreon! There are various levels of support, from $1 up to whatever you want! You’ll get to read a private blog, extra reviews, and other such rewards. I POST A LOT OF CUTE PHOTOS, OKAY. Think of it like a private Tumblr blog that only SPECIAL PEOPLE get to read.
– I have updated my list of conventions and events for the remainder of the year and much of next year.Â Â Check the full list of events on my Tour Dates / Appearances page.
– My Master Schedule is updated for the near and distant future for most projects, so please check it often.Â My next Double Features for Mark Watches have been announced here.
-Â Mark Does Stuff is on Facebook!Â I’ve got a community page up that I’m running. Guaranteed shenanigans!