The time has arrived for my FINAL predictions post for this show. LET US LAMENT THIS TOGETHER.
First things first: let’s go over my predictions for season 6:
- We will find out why Guinan told Picard to go with the away team.Â More or less, yes?
- Data wonâ€™t actually die in 1893, but weâ€™ll get an explanation for his severed head.Â Huzzah! An easy one, yes, but still!
- There will be at least one two-parter in season six, and if itâ€™s the finale, that counts, too. BECAUSE I SAID SO.Â OH MY GOD, WE GOT TWO OF THEM.Â
- We willÂ notÂ see Lwaxana Troi this season.Â We did not, butÂ Deep Space Nine!Â
- But we will see Q once.Â We did! And it was awesome.
- We will also see the Cardassians again.Â And not in a context I expected!Â
- We will see Wesley Crusher once near the end of the season and itâ€™ll be in an episode where he finally graduates from the Academy.Â I’m actually surprised this didn’t happen.
- Weâ€™ll see Sela again.Â SADFACE. I miss Denise Crosby!
- Weâ€™ll get a Holodeck episode.Â WHEN DON’T WE.
- Weâ€™ll see Ro Laren four times.Â I miss her as well, but I feel like Kira has provided me with a characterization close enough to her that I don’t feel bad.Â
- There will be an episode about the Romulan threat. Just one!Â Hmmm. Technically, “The Chase,” right?
- I think I will like season six more than season 5.Â This is a tough one. I REALLY, REALLY loved season 5, and the quality of season 6 varied too much.
- Riker will have sex with another species at least once. I mean, this is a given, no?Â Oh my god, DID HE? I didn’t keep track of this one.Â
- Weâ€™ll see Alexander twice.Â Nope!
- There will be an episode that sets upÂ Deep Space NineÂ at some point!Â I mean… technically? Sort of??? Nothing super direct, though.
Okay, well, that wasn’t a shit show. CONGRATS TO MYSELF. And now, onwards to my final predictions post for this lovely show.
Predictions for Season 7
- Data will turn on Lore by the end of “Descent, Part I.”
- Lore will die or be destroyed.
- Data will not gain human emotions by the finale.
- PLEASE LET PICARD AND DR. CRUSHER GO ON AT LEAST ONE DATE THIS SEASON. It’s the end! They have to!
- I think we’ll see the following characters once in this final season: Q.
- Lwaxana Troi.
- Wesley Crusher.
- (And Wesley will have graduated from the Academy!)
- One character fromÂ Deep Space Nine.
- Data as Sherlock Holmes.
- Worf’s parents
- By the season finale, the following things will happen: Picard will retire.
- Riker will get command of theÂ Enterprise.
- Worf will leave theÂ Enterprise.
- So will Dr. Crusher.
- Deanna Troi will get a promotion.
- I WILL BE A MESS WHEN THIS SHOW ENDS.
I can’t believe I’ve made it this far.
Mark Links Stuff
– I am now on Patreon!!! MANY SURPRISES ARE IN STORE FOR YOU IF YOU SUPPORT ME.
– IÂ will be at numerous conventions in 2016! Check the full list of events on my Tour Dates / Appearances page.
– My Master Schedule is updated for the near and distant future for most projects, so please check it often.Â My next Double Features for Mark Watches will be Death NoteÂ andÂ Neon Genesis Evangelion. On Mark Reads, Diane Duane’s Young Wizards series will replace the Emelan books.
-Â Mark Does Stuff is on Facebook!Â I’ve got a community page up that I’m running. Guaranteed shenanigans!