As much as a challenge as it is to do these, this is a lot of fun to do because I feel like ANYTHING CAN HAPPEN onÂ The Next Generation. IT’S SO WACKY. So here goes.
Let’s start with my last batch of predictions:
- Weâ€™ll get a new castmember to take Tasha Yarâ€™s place.Â Not really, though Worf did more or less take her place.
- Weâ€™ll get aÂ separateÂ new longstanding character aside from this one.Â Dr. Pulaski!
- Wesley will get into the Starfleet Academy.Â DidÂ he? He passed that one test and got to stay on theÂ Enterprise but I feel like that doesn’t quite count.
- There will be at least one episode devoted to the quiet, burning love between Dr. Crusher and Captain Picard.Â UGH.Â
- There will be one Holodeck-only episode. (The vast majority of an episode has to take place in it.)Â I think I’m technically right here!Â
- The Holodeck will malfunction twice. Only once, as far as I remember.
- The shields will malfunction seven times. I should have counted this, but there’s no way it was less than ten times.
- There will be no major character deaths in season two.Â Huzzah!
- Iâ€™ll recognize four guest stars this season.Â Oh god, WHY DIDN’T I KEEP TRACK OF THIS.
- I will tell Riker to shut up twelve times.Â I told him 400 times.
- LWAXANA TROI RETURNS.Â PLEASE.Â YES. AND IT WAS FANTASTIC.Â
- We will learn what the Romulans meant by their return.Â ACTUALLY I FORGOT ABOUT THAT. It didn’t even happen!
- That Romulan arc will be the major arc in season two.Â HA. There wasn’t an arc at all!
- Weâ€™ll meet four new alien species.Â We met way more!
- BRING BACK DIXON HILL, PLEASE.Â HUZZAH I GOT THIS RIGHT.
- The disc of theÂ EnterpriseÂ will NOT separate from the ship this season.Â And this one, too.Â
All right. Some neat things happened in season 2 that might appear in this season, so here goes nothing:
- Wesley leaves theÂ Enterprise.
- Picard is kidnapped at some point.
- Dr. Pulaski will be listed as a main character in the opening credits.
- We’ll get a flashback episode for Worf.
- As well as one for Deanna.
- We’ll see the Ferengi again.
- We’ll get another episode centering on The Borg.
- Q will show up once.
- Ensign Gomez! More of her!
- Riker will romance three women. (SIGH.)
- We will get our firstÂ The Next GenerationÂ cliffhanger!!! I WANT ONE.
- We’ll get one Holodeck episode.
- We’ll get one Data-centric episode as well.
- I also want one about the Klingon-Federation alliance!
- There will also be one story about time travel.
- There will be no episodes worse than “Shades of Grey.”
Onwards we go!
Mark Links Stuff
– Please help book/finalize the Mark Does Stuff European Tour!
– I am now on Patreon!!! MANY SURPRISES ARE IN STORE FOR YOU IF YOU SUPPORT ME.
– The Mark Does Stuff Tour 2015 is now live and includes dates across the U.S., Canada, Europe, the U.K., and Ireland. Check the full list of events on my Tour Dates / Appearances page.
– My Master Schedule is updated for the near and distant future for most projects, so please check it often.Â My next Double Features for Mark Watches will be the remainder ofÂ The Legend of Korra, series 8 ofÂ Doctor Who, and Kings. On Mark Reads, Diane Duane’s Young Wizards series will replace the Emelan books.
-Â Mark Does Stuff is on Facebook!Â I’ve got a community page up that I’m running. Guaranteed shenanigans!