Hello, friends! I cannot believe we’ve reached this point, but I have no episodes ofÂ Deep Space Nine left to watch. Whenever I reach the end of a long series, I like to host a Q&A of sorts. This allows me to comment on all manners of things, big and small. You can also share things with me or ask me about whatever the hell you want.
First things first: let’s go over my final set of predictions for this incredible show:
- Sisko will not return to Deep Space Nine until the FIFTH episode of the season.Â Not a bad prediction, but he was back sooner.Â
- At some point, a new Dax symbiont will appear, and theyâ€™ll be a woman.Â I WAS RIGHT. HI, EZRI.
- Worf will have to deal with a new Dax, but will ultimately choose to stay with her.Â HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHSDFJKDA LADSHFL DSJFLAKJSHDF;KSLDJF; SDF;KLHDF;L A;SLDKJ Â A;LSKDJF;SDFJÂ
- Oh god, I really want this: JULIAN GETS AN INVITATION TO SECTION 31.Â I LOVE THE SECTION 31 PLOT ON THIS SHOW SO MUCH.
- THERE WILL BE A WHOLE EPISODE ON IT, I WANT THIS MORE THAN MOST THINGS.Â I GOT MORE THAN ONE, IT WAS GREAT. For the most part.
- Quark will finally have some character growth.Â Meh? Â Not really?
- Morn will speak once. (Bonus if itâ€™s in the finale.)Â I really thought he would!
- Sisko and Kasidy Yates will get married!Â HELP ME.
- Kira and Odo will get married, too.Â why. why have you done this to me.
- Gul Dukat dies.Â FINALLY
- Garak dies.Â I’m so glad I was wrong.
- Weyoun dies.Â ANOTHER RIGHT.
- Damar dies.Â WHO KNEW I WOULDN’T HATE DAMAR WITH EVERY BONE IN MY BODY.
- Nog dies.Â Whew, also glad I was wrong.Â
- Jake leaves Deep Space Nine.Â LITERAL OPPOSITE. I’m still fucked up by that final image.
- (Iâ€™m gonna just do a whole bunch of huge, series-ending predictions because I suspect this show is not fucking around with me.)Â SO TRUE.
- Deep Space Nine is destroyed by the end of the series.Â Actually glad I was wrong about this!
- Sisko regains contact with the Prophets by re-opening the wormhole.Â FUCK THE PROPHETS.
- Kira leaves DS9 in the finale to live on Bajor.Â This was not a bad prediction.Â
- The Federation wins the Dominion War, but it wonâ€™t happen until the series finale.Â BOOYAH.
- Julian finds a romantic partner by the end of the series.Â I still feel weird about this.
- The Federation gets a huge new ally before the Dominion War ends.Â LOOK HOW I PREDICTED THE CARDASSIAN DEFECTION WITHOUT EVEN KNOWING IT.Â
- I will cry a lot in the finale and at least one other episode.Â I teared up a few times, but nothing fucked me up quite as much as “What You Leave Behind.”
So, while I posted my thoughts on the series finale, think of this as a chance to ask me anything you want about the series. Favorite episodes! Worst episodes! Favorite plots! Best twists! Things I’d change! Best arcs! All that sort of stuff. I also use these posts for recommendations for fanfic, and I want to see ALL THE FANART that I missed. Basically, there are no spoilers left for the show, so you can share all the fan stuff, meta, commentary, behind-the-scenes joy, and whatnot with me. I AM READY FOR IT.
Let’s go. GO GO GO.
Mark Links Stuff
– I am now on Patreon! There are various levels of support, from $1 up to whatever you want! You’ll get to read a private blog, extra reviews, and other such rewards. I POST A LOT OF CUTE PHOTOS, OKAY. Think of it like a private Tumblr blog that only SPECIAL PEOPLE get to read.
– I have updated my list of conventions and events for the remainder of the year and much of next year.Â Â Check the full list of events on my Tour Dates / Appearances page.
– My Master Schedule is updated for the near and distant future for most projects, so please check it often.Â My next Double Features for Mark Watches have been announced here.
-Â Mark Does Stuff is on Facebook!Â I’ve got a community page up that I’m running. Guaranteed shenanigans!