I can’t believe we’re here, y’all. It took over a thousand days (A THOUSAND!!!), but I watched all five completedÂ Star Trek shows and thirteen films. And before we bid goodbye toÂ Star Trek for the time being, let’s have a party!
So, first things first: let’s go over my last prediction post.
- We will find out thatÂ Enterprise did not travel through time, but that Archerâ€™s death actually created a new timeline, so that war we saw in â€œZero Hourâ€ is actually in â€œmodernâ€ times.Â I mean… technically? Sort of? This is close enough, I FEEL GOOD.
- Hostile aliens invaded Earth a few years prior to that war.Â Wasn’t it established much earlier than that?
- Space travel isnâ€™t possible yet.Â BUT MESSED UP TIMELINESÂ ARE POSSIBLE.
- OnlyÂ Enterprise was affected by the timeline jump.Â In hindsight, I realize why I said this, but this is such a sloppy prediction. YOU KNOW WHAT I MEANT. I hope???
- And Archer & company will correct the timeline by the end of the first episode of the season.Â Bah! It was a two-parter.
- HOWEVER!!!! Season four will be about how Archerâ€™s â€œdeathâ€ on the Xindi weapon massively upset time.Â This was a solid prediction, but also COMPLETELY WRONG.
- AndÂ this will be the means by which the Temporal Cold War is finally explained in full.Â I was right about this one, though!!!
- WHAT IF THE TEMPORAL COLD WAR IS ACTUALLY HOW ARCHER JUST COMPLETELY FUCKED UP TIME FOR EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING.Â I mean… this would have been a cool story!Â
- We will see Daniels again.Â Twice!
- And Silik.Â Once!
- And that weird Future Man.Â I’m only now realizing just how much they dropped the ball on this.
- FUTURE MANâ€™S IDENTITY WILL BE REVEALED.Â WHO THE HELL WAS THAT PERSON????
- (Itâ€™s not someone weâ€™ve met before.)Â I tried.
- Tâ€™Pol and Tucker will advance their relationship in season 4.Â AND THEN THEY WON’T. WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME.
- Travis will see his family again.Â Nope.
- Fuck it, Iâ€™m doing it again, REED DELVES INTO HIS FAMILY PAST MORE.Â UGH I WANTED THIS.Â
- We will see one of Phloxâ€™s wives in this season.Â Nope again!
- Hoshi gets at least one episode centered around her.Â UGH NOT REALLY.
- The finale of this show will be a flash forward to the formation of the Federation, and weâ€™ll get to see the scene Daniels took Archer to in â€œZero Hour.â€Â I WAS SO CLOSE!!!! The penultimate one was close to this but that finale… okay. OKAY.
So, aboutÂ Discovery: I am not currently taking commissions for it, as I’ve got nearly ten shows to get through on Mark Watches in the coming year or so. I am most likely going to wait for the season to be over before I open it to being claimed, and I will make a post about it when that’s the case. (I’ll always announce it on my Patreon first, though, so Patrons can get a head start.) Until then, this is where myÂ Star Trek ride ends, SO.
It’s time for a MASSIVE Q&A, and this can cover EVERYTHING prior to the release ofÂ Discovery.Â All the shows, all the films (including the reboot movies), and all other mediums are fair for questions, recommendations, etc. AnythingÂ Star Trek you wanna ask me, NOW IS THE TIME. And feel free to ask about non-Trek stuff, too! I’ll be checking this throughout the day as I’m waiting for Yallfest events to start. I CAN’T WAIT!
Thank you to the thousands upon thousands ofÂ Trek fans who joined me on this multi-year journey. I’m so glad that I got to watch these shows along with all of you. <3
Mark Links Stuff