I can’t believe I’ve made it to season three of this show, but here we are. Before I progress forward, let’s revisit what I thought was gonna happen in season two. LAUGH AT ME, IT’S FINE.
Okay, first things first:
- Steven will have to tell Connie what happened, or at least keep her in the loop. YES. OFF TO A GOOD START.
- The Homeworld will send more Gems after Peridot reports back. Technically… no? I mean, there probably will be after the events in “Message Received,” but we don’t see any.
- We will see the Lapis/Jasper fusion again. H E L P.
- Lapis will turn against the Homeworld. Also technically? So yes.
- There will be an entire episode set on the Homeworld. “The Answer” comes closest to this.
- We will see Stevonnie once. STEVONNIE FOREVER.
- Lion will get another episode centered around them! Again… sort of?
- We will learn more about Kindergarten. WHY DID I SAY THIS. I TAKE IT BACK.
- We will learn why it was obvious to Garnet that Steven could escape the jail cells in “Jail Break.” Oh my god, WE DON’T ACTUALLY KNOW, DO WE????
- Each main group of Beach City – the Pizza family, the Fry family, Sadie/Lars, the cool kids, Dewey, etc – will get an episode centered on them. More of the Pizza family!!!
- Steven will develop TWO new powers! Maybe in season three?
- We will see Garnet, Pearl, and Amethyst fuse together once. Oh god, does the Internet short count?
- We will meet FIVE new Gems by the end of the season. Okay, so here’s the thing: DOESN’T “THE ANSWER” MAKE THIS ONE TRUE? We met many new gems there!
- And finally, I think the end of season two will be Peridot’s return with an army to take back Earth. WRONG WRONG WRONG, TOTALLY NOT READY.
Which means… that wasn’t so bad. I did okay! I feel renewed and shall wander with abandon into predicting season 3, and that will be my downfall.
Predictions for season 3 of Steven Universe
- The drill will be activated.
- The Cluster will begin to emerge at some point.
- The Cluster will be destroyed.
- We will see Lapis Lazuli again.
- We will also see Jasper.
- We will officially meet the Blue Diamond as well.
- OTHER GEMS ARRIVE ON EARTH AT SOME POINT.
- Yellow Diamond will send those gems to destroy Peridot, the Crystal Gems, and take back Earth.
- MORE STEVONNIE.
- Steven develops a new power!
- We’ll get a Rose Quartz flashback episode.
- As well as a musical episode.
- I WANT AN EPISODE ABOUT MR. SMILEY.
- Lars and Sadie will go on a date.
- Peridot and Ronaldo will meet at some point.
- I have no clue how this season will end. I don’t think the Cluster will be the season finale at all, which means I don’t know what other story will happen. I’M SCARED.
Here we go!
Mark Links Stuff
– I am now on Patreon! There are various levels of support, from $1 up to whatever you want! You’ll get to read a private blog, extra reviews, and other such rewards. I POST A LOT OF CUTE PHOTOS, OKAY. Think of it like a private Tumblr blog that only SPECIAL PEOPLE get to read.
– I have updated my list of conventions and events for the remainder of the year and much of next year. Check the full list of events on my Tour Dates / Appearances page.
– My Master Schedule is updated for the near and distant future for most projects, so please check it often. My next Double Features for Mark Watches have been announced here.
– Mark Does Stuff is on Facebook! I’ve got a community page up that I’m running. Guaranteed shenanigans!