In the twentieth episode of the second season of Buffy The Vampire Slayer, there are so many things happening at once. Intrigued? Then it’s time for Mark to watch Buffy.
AHHHH I JUST HAVE TOO MANY THINGS TO TALK ABOUT!
- SWEET BABY BUFFY, WENTWORTH MILLER IS SO YOUNG.
- SWEET BABY BUFFY, SHANE WEST IS SO YOUNG, TOO.
- Oh my god, David Fury helped write this. LET ME LOVE YOU, DAVID FURY. YOU HAVE WRITTEN SO MANY FANTASTIC THINGS.
- oh my god oh my god THAT IS SO GORY AND GROSS WHAT IS THIS EPISODE DOING IN THE FIRST FIVE MINUTES. WHAT THE HELL!!!!! what is that thing WHAT IS THAT THING IN THE SEWER!
- Willow, please, be my teacher. Teach me the ways of the Force, I don’t care. I just want to hang out with you. 🙁
- How did Gage even get solitaire cards with naked ladies on them?
- Can we talk about how accurate the culture is around high school sports teams, especially the popular/winning ones? For some context, my Cross Country team always did super well, but since it was in the fall when football was going on, we were always ignored. No funding, no special privileges, and totally and completely uncool. Even worse, my coach was a teacher at school and was pressured to pass multiple students that weren’t even trying not to fail. So yeah, this episode pisses me off for multiple reasons. Well, no, I’m not made at the show, but what it depicts. DOES THAT MAKE SENSE.
- Well, that’s about the most clear case of slut-shaming I’ve ever seen on television. I mean, thankfully, the show clearly shows us that Buffy was in the right for slamming his head against the steering wheel, but WOW. It instantly set my heart up when it happened and I wanted to throttle Principal Snyder and Coach Marin. GROSS.
- The choice between grape or orange? An eternal question, Xander. Glad to see you did not rush through such a decision.
- SWEET FUCKING HELL, WHAT IS THAT THING? WHAT IS THAT. OH MY GOD WHAT DID IT DO TO CAMERON.
- Wait, is that a Silurian? OMG WHAT IF.
- WILLOW IS INTERROGATING JONATHON. OH MY GOD THIS IS SO BRILLIANT AND LOVELY.
- Oh, another appearance from Angelus. Great. UGH JUST PLEASE GO AWAY.
- Wait, why does he not like Gage’s blood? A TWIST APPEARS!
- Okay, it’s a bit simplistic, I’ll admit that. But I kind of like that Buffy tackled teenage steroid use because people think it doesn’t happen, and I knew classmates of mine on the football, baseball, and track teams who took steroids. One of them overdosed on steroids! He survived, thankfully, but it’s a serious issue. At the very least, “Go Fish” presents the idea that the social pressure that comes with playing sports in a public arena can drive athletes and coaches to pursue this avenue. I especially liked that we saw how much the coach supported this too because it’s about the culture that props up around high school sports.
- XANDER IS IN A SPEEDO ;ASKDF A; DFJ ADK;F ADK;A A;DKFJ !!!!!!!!!!
- OH MY GOD. I love that Buffy and Willow can’t resist joking about this. THIS IS SO PERFECT.
- help me help me help me what is happening to Gage what is going on why is he screaming why is he so upset wh – OH MY GOD THEY ARE TURNING INTO THOSE CREATURES NOT BEING ATTACKED BY THEM. HELP ME. THIS IS SO GROSS AND HORRIFYING. HELP ME.
- The steroids are in the steam!!!! I CAN’T HANDLE THIS EPISODE ANYMORE. How does this show keep finding new ways to upset me?
- Oh my god you just killed the nurse.
- why does the coach have a gun. where did he get it from.
- You know, I kind of wish I didn’t find out why the swim team members were turning into those monsters. As soon as Coach Marin started talking about the Soviet Union, I just rolled my eyes and tuned out. I mean, you are coach of a swim team at small high school. HOW DID YOU GET YOUR HANDS ON THIS. There is no way you make enough money as a high school swim coach to pull this off.
- OMG, Cordelia’s whole monologue to the creature, believing it is Xander, is just so beautiful. I never wanted it to end.
- Woops, Buffy just sent the swim coach to his death by his own students. That’s awkward.
- Oh cool, weird-ass Silurian creatures are out in the Pacific Ocean. NO BIG DEAL, RIGHT.
Oh god, I’ve made it to the season finale. LOL, yet again, it’s split up over the weekend. I SWEAR I DON’T PLAN THIS ON PURPOSE, EVERYONE.