Hello, Voyager friends! I still can’t believe I am done with this show, so let us party on in denial today like we should always do. I’d like to go over predictions for season 7, and then: I turn the reins over to you. It is time to share ALL THE THINGS with me.
First things first:
- We will learn in the premiere how Janeway planned to use assimilation to take down the Borg. And we did!
- It’s through that genetic mutation; thus, the drones will be able to remember what happens in Unimatrix Zero when they are conscious. VICTORY!
- The Borg Queen does not die in the premiere. LOOK AT HOW GOOD I AM AT THIS.
- But she is defeated by the end of the season. INCREDIBLE. SHOWSTOPPING. MAGNIFICENT. REVOLUTIONARY.
- At some point, Voyager jumps a HUGE distance home, and in order for this to count, it has to cut off five or more years from their journey. Here’s the thing: I don’t even know if this is true. The flash forward cuts off any concrete evidence of that.
- Another one of the Borg kids’ parents is located, but they stay on the ship. I WANTED THEM TO STAY, I MISS THEM.
- HARRY KIM IS PROMOTED. COME ON. I mean… technically? In a time line that was obliterated?
- Tom and B’Elanna get married. HOORAY!!!
- Chakotay and Janeway entertain a relationship. Season seven was really weird, y’all.
- We will NOT see any members of the Equinox crew again. My hunch was right!
- At some point, Voyager crosses into the Alpha Quadrant. Well, at least we saw this on screen.
- THEY GET A MISSION FROM STARFLEET. I mean, it makes sense, right? LOOK, I’M COUNTING THIS EVEN THOUGH IT DIDN’T NECESSARILY HAPPEN IN THIS ORDER.
- Tom reunites with his father. Technically?
- We see Voyager‘s homecoming on screen…. Sort of??? It was a news clip? But it also “never happened”???
- …but not until the very last episode. TRUE.
- This homecoming happens at a time that is twenty years after the start of the show! Relative to the show’s own chronology, I mean. Wasn’t it… 23 years??? I WAS CLOSE.
- I WILL CRY A LOT DURING THE FINALE. I actually cried way less than I thought I was going to.
Well, that season threw me for a loop.
Anyway, if you’ve not attended one of these, here’s how it works: I’m gonna be hanging out online all day today answering your questions! These parties help me think about the series as a whole. You can ask me about individual episodes, arcs, seasons, favorite things, least favorite things, how my thoughts have changed over the course of watching it, etc. This is also the best time to share ALL THE THINGS I MISSED: interviews, behind-the-scenes stuff, fanfic, fanart, anything that is not spoiler-y for Enterprise, since that’s all I have left. But don’t let this make you feel constrained; you are also welcome to ask me about anything EVER, since I’ll be around to see your question.
HAVE FUN, I WILL BE IN LINE AT THE DMV WHEN THIS GOES UP.
Mark Links Stuff
– Please visit my new site for all announcements. If you’d rather not have to rely on checking a website regularly, sign up for my newsletter instead! This will cover all news for Mark Reads, Mark Watches, and my fiction releases.