We are HERE, friends, and it’s time for me to make my final prediction post for Star Trek: Voyager. I predict that this shall destroy me.
Before we get there, let’s tally up the score for the previous season’s predictions:
- Somehow, Janeway convinces just one crewmember of Equinox to stop what they’re doing to the unnamed alien species. I mean… technically? I’ll count this because the captain of the Equinox did come around.
- The unnamed alien species is also finally able to communicate by the end of the first episode. VICTORY.
- But all the Equinox crew die as well. I am genuinely surprised I got this wrong. Hmmm… now I have a prediction for season 7.
- At some point in this season, Voyager gets a huge boost home. Maybe I should have been specific because I don’t know that anything that happens in season 6 counts as a “huge” boost. HMPH.
- Harry is promoted, I TOLD YOU I WOULD DIE ON THIS HILL EVEN THOUGH IT’S A HILL THAT OCCURRED ALREADY AND MY CAMPAIGN CAN’T ACTUALLY AFFECT REALITY BUT I DON’T CARE. HOW YOU GONNA PROMOTE TOM PARIS BUT NOT HARRY KIM
- Seven of Nine develops romantic feelings for someone! Instead, she gets BABIES
- It’s not the Doctor. SOB. Well, this is technically right by virtue of getting the last one wrong. :: shrugs ::
- At some point, Voyager gets close enough to the Alpha Quadrant to be able to contact home with some regularity. HEY. HEY LOOK HOW GOOD THIS ONE IS. I ACTUALLY GOT ONE RIGHT.
- There will be 5 new species in this season. Well, there were more than that! I disqualify myself because I was too specific.
- Neelix will be asked to take on another new responsibility. This… was kind of a strange one.
- Tuvok turns human? I don’t know, IT MIGHT HAPPEN. This was even stranger.
- More Borg! So much more and BABY BORGS.
- More Naomi Wildman! YES. MORE FOREVER.
- We’ll see the Devore again. I don’t know, they were kinda fun in a fucked up way! I honestly forget about them. Whoops?
- At the end of the season, Tom and B’Elanna will actually get married. Oh, this didn’t happen either!
- And the big event at the end of the season: the promise of getting home. Somehow! I’m sure it’ll be super messed up, but it’ll be part of the story. Again, surprised this didn’t happen either, but HERE WE ARE.
So, final season. Lots of things could happen. LET ME TRY TO GUESS WHAT THEY ARE.
- We will learn in the premiere how Janeway planned to use assimilation to take down the Borg.
- It’s through that genetic mutation; thus, the drones will be able to remember what happens in Unimatrix Zero when they are conscious.
- The Borg Queen does not die in the premiere.
- But she is defeated by the end of the season.
- At some point, Voyager jumps a HUGE distance home, and in order for this to count, it has to cut off five or more years from their journey.
- Another one of the Borg kids’ parents is located, but they stay on the ship.
- HARRY KIM IS PROMOTED. COME ON.
- Tom and B’Elanna get married.
- Chakotay and Janeway entertain a relationship.
- We will NOT see any members of the Equinox crew again.
- At some point, Voyager crosses into the Alpha Quadrant.
- THEY GET A MISSION FROM STARFLEET. I mean, it makes sense, right?
- Tom reunites with his father.
- We see Voyager‘s homecoming on screen….
- …but not until the very last episode.
- This homecoming happens at a time that is twenty years after the start of the show! Relative to the show’s own chronology, I mean.
- I WILL CRY A LOT DURING THE FINALE.
Onwards to the last season!
Mark Links Stuff
– Please visit my new site for all announcements. If you’d rather not have to rely on checking a website regularly, sign up for my newsletter instead! This will cover all news for Mark Reads, Mark Watches, and my fiction releases.