I’m going to be so terrible at this, y’all.
Before I lament the fact that season 7 is going to be impossible to predict correctly, let’s go over my agonizing predictions for last season.
Mark’s Predictions for Season 6
- Sam is brought back to Earth in the first episode, but we won’t know who or what did it. I’m glad I left this because… good god, Mark, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE. Again, I totally missed that Sam’s return in “Swan Song” was literal. I THOUGHT IT WAS SOME WEIRD DREAM OR VISION OR SOMETHING.
- We will not learn what happened to Sam or what he did while in the Cage with Michael/Adam until the fourth episode of the season. Nope, not close.
- Dean and Sam will also spend an entire episode trying to pull Adam out of Hell, too, and they’ll ultimately succeed. Hey, so… what about that? No? Not happening?
- Adam will part from Dean and Sam after this and go live his own life. Well, I tried.
- Like Dean in season four, Sam will return to the mortal world with a changed perspective and emotional state. Shockingly correct, but not at all for the reason I thought.
- He will no longer be able to be addicted to demon blood. Technically??? This is never addressed.
- Castiel will spend the entire season trying to organize Heaven and keep control of the angels. See, I just assumed he’d be in control. So wrong!
- We will meet at least five new NAMED angel characters. Rachel, Balthazar… nope, not five.
- In the first episode, we’ll find out that Dean tried to stay with Lisa and Ben, but he couldn’t leave hunting behind. He’s hunting alone, without Sam. HAHAHAHAHA HELP ME.
- We’ll get another flashback episode with Young Sam and Young Dean. Whoa, this didn’t happen!
- Another meta episode! I AM SO GLAD I WAS RIGHT ABOUT THIS AND I SHALL REJOICE ABOUT “THE FRENCH MISTAKE” FOREVER.
- We will also see another character from a season OTHER than season 5 come back. Rufus and Ellen count! As does Lenore!
- Ummm… Bobby meets someone and gets married! FUCK. FUCK. WHAT THE FUCK HAVE I DONE.
- (I have already run out of things to predict, bear with me.) NO I’M STILL UPSET ABOUT THAT LAST ONE
- Christmas episode! I FORGOT ABOUT PREDICTION #13 OH MY GOD WHY
- Werewolf episode! WHHHHYYYYYYYY
- I think we’ll see Death again this season. I want Death in every season. I’m gonna go predict that.
- ….I got nothing else. “Swan Song” felt like the end of a chapter in this show’s mythology, so I am going to guess that a new mythology that doesn’t have to do with Azazel or Lucifer will be introduced!!! I don’t know that this counts as a “new” mythology; it’s a direct continuation of everything from the past season. However, the existence of Purgatory counts for this!
- HELP I DON’T KNOW WHAT I’M DOING. Truer words not spoken.
castiel help me. PEOPLE HAVE ALREADY POINTED OUT TO ME HOW HORRIBLE IT WAS THAT I SAID THIS. !!!!!!!!
OKAY, SO HERE’S MY PROBLEM. I’ve got like maybe three or four things I can ostensibly predict here that actually make sense, and after that, I’m going to be a mess. I don’t know what to do, so heads up: these are literal garbage.
Mark’s Predictions for Season 7
- First off, Death returns because he must.
- I think season 7’s Big Bad is Castiel. I love the idea that he turns into the antagonist for season seven. THINK OF THE POTENTIAL.
- At some point, we’ll see Sam deal with his memories of Hell.
- By the end of season 7, Castiel will no longer be God.
- He will also repair his relationship with Dean.
- And here’s where I’m utterly lost, because every recurring character aside from the main four are dead. Well, wait, Crowley isn’t dead, so I predict we’ll see him in half of the episodes this season.
- Christmas episode?
- Vampires again?
- We’ll get three new creatures the show has not featured again.
- I don’t know, a meta episode?
- I’m grasping at straws here, y’all. I DON’T KNOW WHAT ELSE TO SAY.
- Um, Castiel kills all of Raphael’s followers at some point.
- Crowley dies.
- I’m empty, y’all. I can’t do this, and it scares me. I feel like I have so little to go on, and the show is going to use that against me. That’s totally what’s going to happen, right???
Mark Links Stuff
– Mark Does Stuff is now on Facebook! Feel free to Like the page, which I’m running myself, for updates and SILLINESS.
– My older sister needs help with her transition, so I’ve agreed to read all of Fifty Shades of Grey on YouTube if we can help her reach her goal!
– If you would like to support this website and keep Mark Does Stuff running, I’ve put up a detailed post explaining how you can!
– Please check out the MarkDoesStuff.com. All Mark Watches videos for past shows/season are now archived there!
– My Master Schedule is updated for the near and distant future for most projects, so please check it often. My next three Double Features are now in the schedule! I will be watching In the Flesh, The Sarah Connor Chronicles (complete with Terminator liveblogs!), and then Leverage. Commission away!
– I will be at quite a few conventions and will be hosting events throughout 2014, so check my Tour Dates / Appearances page often to see if I’m coming to your city! I have events in Reno in the next month, and more will be added soon!