Hello, friends! We’re doing something a little bit different this time around. I was asked toÂ filmÂ my reaction to last season’s predictionsÂ and include my predictions for season 5. I did it. I WILL PROBABLY REGRET IT. Immortalized on camera being wrong? PROBABLY.
So, my predictions for season 4 are here, and they’re notÂ totally terrible? They’re just unfortunate at times. I WAS SO RIGHT, AND YETÂ SO WRONG. Lord.
The lovely Lawrence pitched the idea of a prediction video, and I made one just before I began 5×01 ofÂ Supernatural:
And because I didn’t want folks toÂ have to watch a video in order to get this, this is what I read from:
- We will see Lucifer in the first episode of season 5.
- At some point during the season, Sam will get a cure for the demon blood within him, meaning that he’ll either be able to resist his addiction, or it’ll be removed from him.
- We will learn what happened to Castiel when he faced the Archangel alongside Chuck.
- We will get at least two more appearances of Chuck.
- We will get at least three more appearances of Anna.
- Bobby will be in at least half of the episodes in season 5.
- We will see demons of all sorts flock to Lucifer once he’s completely out of Hell.
- This season will largely focus on the attempt to kill Lucifer.
- I say “attempt” because my guess is that they’ll fail to do so by the end of the season.
- I also think that they’ll instead find a way to re-imprison him in Hell.
- Somehow, there will be an episode even more meta than “The Monster at the End of This Book.”
- I will once again fall for a really funny episode and get distracted by it and then be steamrolled by sadness.
- We’ll get an episode with young Dean and young Sam in it.
- Dean and Sam will also have to fight angels as well as demons throughout this season.
- We will see Zachariah before the halfway point.
- We will also meet other named demons who are above Castiel in the hierarchy of angels.
- At the end of this season, the Winchesters will not be able to stop the apocalypse.
As usual,Â please do not break the Spoiler Policy on this post. Please keep all commentary that’s spoilery in rot13! This also applies to anyone else who is watching the show for the first time; treat them as you would treat me.
Thanks! Now, you may continue your cackling at my expense. THIS IS WHAT I’M HERE FOR.
Mark Links Stuff
– If you would like to support this website and keep Mark Does Stuff running, I’ve put up a detailed post explaining how you can!
– Please check out the MarkDoesStuff.com. All Mark Watches videos for past shows/season are now archived there!
– My Master Schedule is updated for the near and distant future for most projects, so please check it often.Â My next Double Feature will be Farscape.
– I will be at quite a few conventions and will be hosting events throughout the US, Canada, and Europe in 2014, so check my Tour Dates / Appearances page often to see if I’m coming to your city!
– Inspired by last year’s impromptu event in London, I am taking Mark in the Park on the road! You can see all currently planned dates and pitch your own city here.