In the twenty-first episode of Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood, the Elric brothers come up with a dangerous plan to lure both Scar and the Homunculi out of hiding. Intrigued? Then it’s time for Mark to watch FMA:B.
Holy god, this is the worst show to review in an episode-by-episode format ever. WHY? WHY HAVE I DONE THIS?
- OH. JEAN HAVOC IS ALIVE. OH MY GOD. THAT IS GENUINELY SURPRISING! I thought he was as good as dead, but now that I think back to that episode, it was never outright confirmed!!! PHEW.
- I was a little uncomfortable with Mustang scolding Riza? Like, dude, even I believed you were dead.
- MORE SACRIFICE REFERENCES. I seriously don’t understand this, and I don’t feel like I am any closer to understanding what Father and the other Homunculi are planning.
- However, “Advance of the Fool” suggests an answer to something else: Edward’s shortness.
- oh my god
- I THOUGHT THAT WAS JUST A JOKE!!!
- Is it possible that his growth has been stunted because he is also keeping Al’s body alive at The Gate? Y’all, it fits too well to just be a coincidence. Does this mean a clue has been sitting there laughing in my face the whole time? That just makes me think the answer to what the Homunculi are planning is something I saw a long time ago. Damn it!
- The team inches closer to discovering the truth in this episode. Initially, that’s through Fuery’s map. Okay, so that giant white room was important! A-ha! I GOT SOMETHING RIGHT. And one of the places where that underground room might be is under the Führer’s mansion.
- YOU ARE SO CLOSE TO THE TRUTH AND YOU HAVE NO FUCKING IDEA. This discovering plants Bradley’s suspect nature in all of their minds, and they question the slaying of all the Chimeras from “Those Who Lurk Underground.”
- YES, KEEP DIGGING, MY CUTIES. YOU ARE SO CLOSE.
- Oh shit, nice reveal that it was Doctor Knox who helped Mustang fake Maria Ross’s death.
- Jean Havoc’s story is a difficult one. He’s convinced that he cannot help his boss because he’s now a paraplegic, but Mustang doesn’t want the man to quit. It’s interesting how this directly parallels what Riza and Havoc went through and how Mustang didn’t want to give up on either person. I wonder if Havoc wants to retire out of fear, though. He’s just experienced what they’re all up against, and maybe if he retires and works at his parents’ store, he can avoid the horrors that are to come. Regardless, this is a complicated decision to make, and I don’t think that this is the last time we’ll see Jean Havoc.
- Dr. Marcoh is missing now, too? Ugh. This conspiracy just gets worse and worse.
- Hey. Elric brothers. You should really tell Winry soon what happened to her parents. Granted, you want to verify that it was Scar before you do, so I understand that. But once you know, yeah… don’t hold that detail from her. Things will only get worse.
- More Ling and Lan Fan! Even if Ling is being selfish about his reasons for helping out the Elric brothers, at least he’s upfront about it.
- HOW GREAT IS THE SEQUENCE WHERE EDWARD HELPS THE PEOPLE OF CENTRAL CITY IN A GARISH DISPLAY OF ALTRUISM? OH MY GOD. SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE A GIF OF ALL THE CHEERLEADER ALPHONSE SCENES. PLEASE. PLEASE. IT IS ALL I HAVE EVER WANTED IN LIFE.
- Oh god, this really is a horribly risky plan. I didn’t doubt that Scar would show up. I was more worried that the Homunculi wouldn’t take the bait. How would they know that the Elric brothers’ lives were being threatened?
- Bless Mustang for those fake sightings dispatches. It’s so rare to see him having fun, y’all!
- AND THAT’S WHAT GETS BRADLEY’S ATTENTION
- OH GOD
- OH GOD DO YOU REALIZE
- BRADLEY IS GOING TO RISK EXPOSING HIS TRUE ALLEGIANCE/IDENTITY ISN’T HE. HOLY SHIT THIS JUST GOT A MILLION TIMES MORE SUSPENSEFUL THAN I EVER WANTED.
- How is it that Ling and Lan Fan can “sense” Bradley? Did I miss something?
- I swear, that cliffhanger is brutally unfair. Please, please don’t Lan Fan be dead. Please. I will be so upset. SO UPSET.
- And what’s happening with the Elric brothers??? If Bradley is dealing with Ling and Lan Fan, will another Homunculus take the bait? I’M SO SCARED.
Mark Links Stuff
– I have redesigned MarkDoesStuff.com! Check out this post explaining the new changes, which includes the start of a permanent archive of all Mark Watches videos!
– The Mark Does Stuff Summer Tour is happening soon! Check out the posted dates, suggest new ones, help bring me to YOUR TOWN.
– I have been nominated for a Hugo in the Fan Writer category! If you’d like more information or to direct friends/family to vote for me, I have a very informational post about what I do that you can pass along and link folks to!
– Mark Reads Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is now published and available for purchase! It’s available in ebook AND physical book format, and you can also get a discount for buying the ENTIRE SET of digital books: $25 for 7 BOOKS!!!
– Video commissions are open, and you can commission a Mark Reads/Watches video for just $25!