Oh, I AM BACK TO WATCHING BONES SO THAT MEANS EVERYTHING IS WONDERFUL.
- I CAN’T DEAL WITH TEMPERANCE’S COSTUME AT ALL. OH MY GOD, IT’S SO INCREDIBLE!!!! HELP ME. CAM IS CATWOMAN. I LOVE THESE WOMEN SO MUCH.
- Y’all, I truly missed this show. It’s seriously so fun to watch! I enjoy the characters, it’s entertaining, it hits all my procedural-show-desires at once, and these characters are so great.
- Bones is also the most violent show I’ve probably watched in any capacity for Mark Watches. Well, Cowboy Bebop was pretty violent, too. But oh my god, the bodies in this episode were graphic. I DUNNO, I FELT LIKE POINTING THAT OUT. I mean, I suppose it’s strange that a lot of this episode is funny when it’s juxtaposed with the horrible things done to these young girls.
- Booth being terrified of clowns gives me LIFE, y’all.
- Fuck hell houses, by the way. I grew up in a town where we always had four or five of them every Christmas.
- Azura Skye is in this episode!!! And she was GREAT as Kippler. Is it bad that I kind of want to see what Angela’s first husband looked like? Because I’m pretty sure Angela, being the endless beauty that she is, is a hunk magnet.
- The actual best part of this episode is that brief scene in the car with Booth and Brennan where Brennan insists that science also has to take a leap of faith. It’s a fascinating reversal of roles just for that one moment, and it’s also how I feel about science in general.
- I kind of felt the ending was a little abrupt. Usually, there’s some sort of explanation for why the killer did what they did, but Booth shoots and kills the man responsible before any sort of motive is given. Granted, that could be a trope inversion in and of itself, but the characters don’t seem to acknowledge that their questions were unanswered.
Thanks, Nora. MORE BONES TOMORROW!