I think that from here on out, I’ll keep my predictions/theories as a separate post. I’m not going to take a huge break between scenes to best replicate what it was like for those of you who followed along with a show in real-time, but I like the idea of giving myself at least 24 hours to formulate some ideas about what is going on with Battlestar Galactica. Is it time for everyone to squirm while I either eerily predict or hilarious fail at guessing what is going to happen in season two? YES IT IS.
This post is only going to serve one purpose, and it’s unfortunate that I have to spell it out for everyone. But each time I’ve done this in the past, people confirm or deny my theories, post their own theories at the time and heavily hint at what is correct, or are just generally thoughtless and considerate. I am aware of just how irritating this is, but it’s fun to predict these things and sort out my thoughts.
Please do not hint, insinuate, imply, confirm, deny, giggle at, or point out anything in these predictions. To be safe, I’ll probably avoid the comments anyway, but I would like to put these thoughts out there so you can all be gloriously entertained by my constant state of unprepared. After season two, I’ll go back to see what I was right or wrong about.
So, here goes. Here’s what I think is going to happen in season two.
- Adama won’t die (SORRY HE CAN’T), but in the meantime, the ship will have to deal with XO Tigh being in command.
- Starbuck is going to kill Boomer on Caprica in the first episode of season two.
- Lee will be let out of his “imprisonment” (or whatever you call it) to lead a mission to retrieve the stranded crew on Kobol.
- Roslin will get out of the brig NOT by breaking out, but by some legal means, by the end of the first episode.
- Ok, let’s get into a whole host of issues I think season two will deal with. By the end of the season, we’ll have confirmation of whether Ellen Tigh is a Cylon or not.
- We will learn of two more models of Cylons, bring the total known to six models.
- Something will cause the humans to abandon the idea of living on Kobol. I’m not actually going to guess because I don’t have nearly enough information. Well, hell, ok, how about the Cylons? I mean, the Cylons were floating just off the planet, so they already know it’s there. Actually, the more I think about this, the more obvious it seems.
- Dualla and Billy will FINALLY just starting dating. Could they? They are so cute together.
- Roslin’s cancer will go public by the end of the season.
- Baltar will meet a version of Six that is not inside of his head, and he’ll learn why Six can appear in his visions.
- Tom Zarek will make another appearance by the end of the season.
- I think we will see the beginnings of (or the full run) of those elections referenced in season one, and I think it will come down to Zarek and Roslin.
- If this happens, I predict Roslin will win, but only because Zarek dies.
- I’m not guessing how or why Zarek dies. YOU CAN’T MAKE ME.
- Ok, here’s one of those predictions that makes no sense, but it makes me laugh so who cares: Cally and Tyrol will hook up. LOOK, I DON’T KNOW WHY. It just seems hilarious.
- Ok, let’s get to some good Boomer stuff. Obviously, everyone on the Galactica now knows that she is a Cylon. I MEAN HOW THE FUCK ARE THEY GOING TO EXPLAIN HER ACTIONS OTHERWISE? Actually, I’ll be fucking pissed if this is explained away. The evidence at this point is overwhelming. Anyway! I predict they won’t actually kill her or execute her until Adama is better and he confronts her/interrogates her. Then she will be killed.
- So I don’t think the prophecy of Pythia is going to be ignored at all in season two. If anything, it kind of has to be acknowledged, especially since Roslin disobeyed Adama’s orders. I think Roslin will publicly announce that she believes she is a prophet for the lords of Kobol, but will wait to do so until she is running for President.
- Baltar’s got a heavy load to carry as well, and it seems Six has hinted that he’ll need to “protect” the children of God, so we’ll learn more about why he needs to be the Hand of God and how that clashes with Roslin.
- I think we will get flashbacks of Starbuck, Adama, Tigh, Lee, and Roslin. God, I want a Roslin flashback SO BADLY.
- Ok, let me try some ridiculous prediction for the end of the season. I think that they will find a sign that Earth exists. Not Earth itself, maybe, but some confirmation.
OKAY, SQUIRM AWAY, FRIENDS.